Reblogged from theneedleblog concerned child pornography, sexual assault, rape, kidnapping and other offences happening within a London children’s home.
This injunction was granted one month after Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher’s speech stating
To use children for sexual purposes, whether through the wicked perversion of sexual abuse or through fantasies induced by child pornography, must provoke the strongest outrage and reaction from individuals and Government alike.
The Government has increased the penalties for child cruelty and tightened the law on child pornography by making possession of this material an offence but I am very concerned by recent reports of what is still occurring.
So last year and this year, we are making £7 million available to Local Authorities to train those involved in caring for children, particularly social workers, and student teachers are now taught about child abuse as an essential part of their preparation for teaching.
We are making the largest ever grant to the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children to help them to establish their new training centre.
We have also, as you mentioned, Mr. Chairman, reformed the law so that it is clear, effective and fair. The Children Act of 1989 is the most comprehensive piece of legislation about children ever enacted in this country; it draws on the experiences learned in Cleveland and through the tragic deaths or abused children such as Kimberley Carlisle, Jasmine Beckford and Tara Henry. Above all, the Act seeks the right balance in protecting those too young and vulnerable to protect themselves while preventing excessive and over-zealous intrusion into family life by the State; and in 1988, the maximum penalties for child cruelty were increased from the previous two years to ten years—and rightly so!
Some of these matters, to which we have all had to respond, reflect the darker side of human nature and in tackling them our greatest source of strength comes from that other side of human nature—the reserves of sheer goodness and goodwill which find practical expression every day.
- Ritual Abuse: Convictions and Evidence the media hide and deny (tellaboutabuse.wordpress.com)
- Child Abuse Past, Present and Future (tellaboutabuse.wordpress.com)
- For kids & young people – Child Abuse Prevention Month (tellaboutabuse.wordpress.com)
- Networks Of Fear (theneedleblog.wordpress.com)
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month (missingheartspageofhopes.wordpress.com)
- Senior Labour Paedophiles walk free (the-tap.blogspot.com)
- Demands grow for public inquiry into English music schools (artsjournal.com)
- Trauma: Childhood Sexual Abuse (psychologytoday.com)
- Statistics of Sexual Abuse in the USA (voicingabuseproject.com)
- MP in fear for his life after exposing paedophile and child porn network (the-tap.blogspot.com)