Known only as XY, he issued proceedings against Facebook and Mr McCloskey [Joe McCloskey] over the contents of a page entitled ‘Keeping our kids safe from predators’. The man, who served a jail sentence for a catalogue of abuse, has now been granted permanent anonymity by a judge overseeing the resolution.
It emerged during the case that he has a total of 15 convictions for sexual offences committed between 1982 and 1989.
They include six charges of indecent assault, six counts of gross indecency with a child and a further one of inciting a child to commit an act of gross indecency.
He was released after serving half of a six year prison sentence, only to be detained for a further six months for breaching a condition of his licence.
He went to court after discovering his photograph and a string of threatening comments had been posted online.
In November last year, the social networking giant was ordered to take the page down due to the prima facie harassment and potential breach of the plaintiff’s human rights.
Although it was removed, a new page under the heading ‘Keeping our kids safe from predators 2’ soon appeared.
As part of a final settlement to the convicted paedophile’s legal action, Joe McCloskey also pledged on Thursday to immediately remove all references to him from online pages under his control.
Alan Kane QC, for XY, told the court: “I am happy to say the matter has been satisfactorily resolved and has been committed to writing, subject to an application in respect of the continuance of anonymity.”
Identity of paedophile: is this the right person?
Lawyers for Michael Sean Quinn, 24, claimed comments posted on anti-abuse campaigner Joe McCloskey’s personal page threaten the safety of him and his family.
Quinn, originally from Glasvey Drive, Twinbrook, is seeking an injunction against Mr McCloskey and the social networking giant to have the contents removed from the site.
He was jailed for eight years in 2007 for raping a teenage girl. Quinn attacked his victim, 15, in the city in August 2005 while she was on holiday from England. During the trial, it emerged that he later used the girl’s mobile phone to call her mother and state: “I enjoyed raping your girl.”
- https://tellaboutabuse.wordpress.com/2013/04/22/gerry-adams-gives-evidence-at-brothers-trial-over-child-sex-abuse-claims/ Gerry Adams gives evidence at brother’s trial over child sex abuse claims
- https://tellaboutabuse.wordpress.com/2013/04/04/what-about-bob-an-abusers-tactics-named-and-exposed/ What about Bob? An Abuser’s Tactics Named and Exposed
- https://tellaboutabuse.wordpress.com/2013/04/19/suffolk-sex-offender-commits-horrific-attack-on-child-after-his-treatment-was-cancelled-due-to-lack-of-resources/ Suffolk sex offender commits horrific rape after treatment is cancelled
- https://tellaboutabuse.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/ritual-abuse-media-lies/ Ritual Abuse: Convictions and Evidence the media hide and deny
- https://tellaboutabuse.wordpress.com/2013/04/13/irish-savile-domhnall-o-lubhlai-could-have-abused-scores-of-kids/ Domhnall O’Lubhlai – the ‘Irish Savile’?
- https://tellaboutabuse.wordpress.com/2013/04/13/blind-to-betrayal-the-book-how-often-do-child-molesters-go-on-to-reoffend/ Blind to Betrayal (Book) – How often do Child Molesters go on to reoffend?
- https://tellaboutabuse.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/the-ricki-lake-show-stolen-childhoods-failure-to-protect-institutional-response-to-child-sexual-abuse-ritual-crimes-in-africa/ The Ricki Lake show – Stolen Childhoods
- https://tellaboutabuse.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/pedophilia-advocacy-group-allowed-to-thrive-in-the-netherlands/ Paedophilia Advocacy Group allowed to Thrive in the Netherlands