The Sunday People has reported that a Catholic Bishop is under investigation as part of Operation Fernbridge, the police investigation into historic sexual abuse.
Operation Fernbridge is also looking into allegations boys in care in Richmond, south-west London, were sexually abused between 1977 and 1983 – initially at Grafton Close children’s home and then at Elm Guest House in nearby Barnes.
The first charges from this operation are expected within weeks.
The Met is also running Operation Fairbank to investigate alleged child abuse by senior political figures.
- Catholic Church in UK comes under probe for sex abuse scandal (philosophers-stone.co.uk)
- Paedophile ring leader, Colin Peters, linked to Barnes scandal (independent.co.uk)
- New victim links notorious paedophile Peter Righton to VIP child abuse network (mirror.co.uk)
- Council bosses failed to investigate VIP child abuse scandal despite warnings (mirror.co.uk)
- Savile: Police Chief Quits Investigation; Former Government Minister; Orphanage Abuse (aangirfan.blogspot.com)
- MWT: “100% Faith” In Police Inquiry. (theneedleblog.wordpress.com)
- Top Cop Resigns: Honour Before Ambition (theneedleblog.wordpress.com)
- Fernbridge Failures. (theneedleblog.wordpress.com)
- MSM Connect Missing Children With Elm Guest House (theneedleblog.wordpress.com)
- Yewtree Unplugged. (annaraccoon.com)