Detectives investigating historical child abuse claims in North Wales care homes have arrested the half-brother of senior Conservative MP John Whittingdale.
Charles Napier, 65, was held under a new strand of an existing investigation into alleged child abuse in the early 1980s at the Elm Guest House in Barnes, south west London.
Mr Whittingdale, 53, chairman of the Commons Culture, Media and Sport Committee, said of his half-brother’s arrest:
Why only TWO arrests from over 80 reported abusers?
- http://www.north-wales.police.uk/news__appeals/latest_news/operation_pallial.aspx (North Wales Police)
- New arrest in investigation into historic sex abuse at North Wales care homes (walesonline.co.uk)
- Victim of care homes abuse wants more result from latest police inquiry into the scandal (walesonline.co.uk)
- Breaking News: Man held over care home ‘abuse’ (crosbyherald.co.uk)
- Wales child abuse: Operation Pallial inquiry finds evidence of 140 claims (barkingatcars.co.uk)